At iTreat, we are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week to provide you with sustainable waste management services throughout a wide area of NSW including, Sydney metro, Newcastle, Central Coast, South Coast, Far North Coast, Southern Highlands, ACT, Lithgow, Bathurst, Cowra, Orange and Dubbo
Our team undergoes constant training on all aspects of the business with a high emphasis on Work Health & Safety. iTreat management are committed to achieving a high level of Work Health and Safety (WHS) standards as specified in the WHS Act and Regulations 2011 when conducting their business activities and to maintain a healthy and safe environment for their workers, contractors, clients and the community, through the implementation and maintenance of a Work Health & Safety and Environment management system.
To fulfil these commitments, iTreat will:
- Conduct a Job Safety and Environment Analysis (JSEA) for Workers for all tasks with key representatives of the site providing input in regards to Safety requirements where practicable.
- Establish, develop and maintain Work Procedures (WP) for each task to ensure the work is performed in a safe and environmentally sound manner and to ensure the task is performed in the same manner on a continuous basis.
- Establish, develop and maintain Risk Assessments (RA) for each task to ensure all risks are identified and rated then identifying the correct control measures and evaluating the controls once they are in place to minimise the risk of injury to people and damage to property and the environment.
- Provide appropriate information, instruction and competency based training to workers to enable them to perform their roles effectively and safely.
- Provide appropriate supervision in the workplace.
- Ensure that all workers, and as far as is practicable, contractors and visitors, are informed of and understand, their obligations in respect to Work Health and Safety and the Environment.
- Seek continuous improvement through a consultative approach involving our workers (via Toolbox meetings and any other forums), clients, contractors and suppliers (via Incident and Preventative Action Reports). Refer WHS 2011 Act, Part 5, Division 2, point 47 “Duty to consult”
- Keep records of all training that has been delivered and supply to Regulatory bodies such as SafeWork NSW should they be requested.Workers and contractors are expected to use their job skill and knowledge to enhance iTreat’s service, improve safety and protect the environment. Workers and contractors follow agreed work practices; observe the iTreat’s safety requirements and report equipment failures, workplace hazards or incidents to their respective supervisor.